Book Ferrets, Rabbits and Rodents 2nd Edition Clinical Medicine and Surgery is available to download free in pdf format.
Addresses the common questions and concerns of the practicing veterinarian who works with small mammals. Serves as a useful reference for veterinary students, technicians, research scientists, pet shop owners, pet owners, and breeders. Because preventive medicine is crucial to small mammal medicine, coverage includes basic biology, husbandry, and routine care of the healthy animal. Also features chapters on disease management, surgery, and radiology.
- A section of the zoonotic disease chapter covers the monkey-pox outbreak in the Midwest section of the United States in May 2003. A rare zoonotic viral disease this was the first report of this in the United States and it has never been reported outside of Africa
- Logically organized in sections by different animals with subsequent chapters organized by body system for quick and easy access to information
- A Drug Formulary provides a comprehensive introduction to drug therapy
- Comprehensive appendices offer quick-reference to diagnosis tables, supply sources, and other practical information
- Features a wealth of photographs and line drawings that demonstrate radiographic interpretation and the main points of diagnostic, surgical, and therapeutic techniques
- Includes a chapter on ophthalmology, an area of study hard to find for ferrets, rabbits, rodents, and other small mammals
- Coverage of specific soft tissue surgery and general orthopedic procedures