Book Manual of Clinical Behavioral Medicine for Dogs and Cats is available to download free in pdf format.
Covering proven techniques of behavior modification, Manual of Clinical Behavioral Medicine for Dogs and Cats provides a practical approach to the treatment and prevention of common canine and feline behavior problems. More than simple obedience training, this book describes both normal and undesirable behaviors and offers solutions for common small animal difficulties including digging, barking, biting, anxiety, and marking. It also discusses the role of pharmacology in behavior modification. Written by well-known veterinary behavior specialist Dr. Karen Overall, this reliable reference includes a DVD video that shows humane behavioral care and explains how dogs communicate with and learn from humans.
- World-renowned author Dr. Karen Overall is a leading veterinary behavior specialist and a founding member of the board of clinical specialists, a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Behavior, certified by the Animal Behavior Society as an Applied Animal Behaviorist, and one of The Bark magazine’s 100 most influential people in the dog world.
- Companion DVD includes a 30-minute video of the author demonstrating techniques for correcting and preventing canine behavior problems, and provides handouts to assist the pet owner with behavioral modification techniques.
- Supplemental material includes 45 client handouts, 12 informed consent forms, and 5 questionnaires that help you zero in on the pet’s behavior.
- Hundreds of images illustrate important techniques and key concepts.
- Tables and boxes summarize key assessment information, behavioral cues, and pharmacologic management.